New Delhi April 21, 2016: The Fulcrum Awards to honour excellence in Indian Public Relations aimed at both in-house and consultancy professionals was announced by PRmoment.in – a leading online magazine for PR professionals in India along with Event Capital – an event IP specialist. The Fulcrum Awards will be hosted on September 24th, 2016 at Aamby Valley soon after closing of PRAXIS. The submission phase has begun.
The Fulcrum Awards is the only award of its kind which will ensure separation of jury, sponsors and participants to ensure utmost transparency. The invited jury members have been carefully selected to leverage their experience to position the awards as the most prestigious in India. The jury members, as of now, include :
- Arijit De (Senior Vice President & Head of India Marketing and Corporate Affairs -Bank of America Merrill Lynch)
- Daniel Feiler (Senior Director, Communications, eBay Asia Pacific)
- Dimple Kapur (Former Regional PR and communications lead Qualcomm)
- Meena Vaidyanathan Founder NIITI Consulting
- Paarul Chand (Editor PRmoment.in)
- Rashmi Naik (Director Marketing and Communication, Omidyar Network)
- Roma Balwani (President, Sustainability, CSR & Communications, Member of the Group Executive Committee, Vedanta Resources plc)
- Sabiana Anandaraj ( Chief Operating Officer, Trilegal)
- Sanjiv Kataria (Strategic Communications and PR Counsel for the Services sector)
- Sunil Gautam (Serial entrepreneur, strategic communications veteran)
- Suvodeep Das (VP Marketing at Sodexo SVC India)
- Veena Gidwani (PR Consultant, Corporate Trainer and Teacher Retired as CEO Madison Public Relations )
The first edition of the Fulcrum Awards 2016 will kick off with 38 categories divided under four sub heads with an objective to recognise both Individuals and team contribution and they will be:
- Technique Awards: There are 12 sub categories under the technique awards that will be judged for outstanding campaigns
- Consultancy Professional Awards: There are 10 individual categories that will honour professionals from PR consultancies
- In-house professional: There are 10 individual categories that acknowledge the stars from corporate communication world
- Special awards: These will honour six outstanding entities
The entries must highlight the work undertaken for the period of January 2015-March 2016. The entries are to be uploaded on the website www.fulcrumawards.com
The judging is a rigorous two stage process including pre-scoring to determine first shortlists and a jury meeting where entries are discussed and evaluated in detail to decide the winning entries.
“With experience of organizing awards in the UK for more than five years, we felt the time was right to launch it in India where the profession is evolving. I strongly believe that like any other profession they need community recognition to help them excel further. Our aim is to honour men and women who are pivotal to a campaign and are the backbone of the professional community. We urge all to professionals to participate in the first edition of the Fulcrum Awards” said Ben Smith, founder PRmoment.com and PRmoment.in.
Deepak Choudhary, Director, Event Capital added,” We have a great focus on creating events that add value to media and communications professionals. In this endeavour we are excited to co-create the Fulcrum Awards in partnership with PR Moment India. We are confident that these Awards will become the mainstay of the PR professional and an important fixture in the annual calendar. Our desire is to ensure a free, fair and transparent system of rewarding great work and the brains behind outstanding campaigns”.
PRmoment.in, a sister site of PRmoment.com, was launched in 2012. Over the years it has become a leading online magazine for PR professionals in India. Its editorial looks behind the scenes of the PR industry, highlighting best practice and giving its readers an insight into recent PR campaigns. In a short span the website has garnered a community of an average 6000 readers each month. The articles are short, sharp, insightful and the editorial features regular reviews of the media from a PR perspective and dig deep into high-profile PR campaigns. In last few years they have created various conferences and in house learning sessions. Recently they announced the second annual list of winners of 30 under 30 PR professionals in India.
About Event Capital
Event Capital, a division of the Laqshya Media Group, is a specialised Intellectual Property Event-Centric Business Venture. In a country that has a dearth of specialist IP creators, the company’s vision is to be the country’s leading owner of intellectual property in the events and experiential marketing space. The services offered by Event Capital include the creation and support of Event IPs through research, funding, planning, marketing and sales expertise. Some of the prominent events include The Edutainment Show, the soon to be unveiled Manifest.
Hina Issar Huria
Director – Fulcrum Awards 2016
firstname.lastname@example.org / + 91-98 11 025 25 8