Your employees are the biggest asset of your organisation. Motivating your employees and keeping them engaged is very important in today’s high attrition that happens in many organisations. The HR team is always anxious and worried about retaining talent. They try and keep finding new and innovative ways to be close with their employees and to know them better and understand their challenges and offer them solutions. The world is just living and breathing mobile and the new breed of employees are glued to their mobile devices most of their time. Here is a great opportunity for the HR and Talent heads to deploy the power of mobile to stay connected with their employees. There are many mobility companies who are pioneers in mobile engagement business who can help you. There are customised solutions in the mobile engagement space to keep continuously engaged with the employees in an interesting manner. Talent head just need to approach mobility solutions companies who have customised mobile platform to get better ROI from their employees.
Adding value to your employees
You can offer customised solutions which help you in achieving a significantly higher ROI, engagement and fruitful interactions. The advantage of these mobility platform is that on an idle screen one can deliver targeted communication to each of the employee’s mobile. These communications can be in the form of static and dynamic visual images. What’s more you can beam interesting videos for short and long durations. The power of audio visual has always its advantage and you can broadcast the video at an appropriate time to catch your audience when he or she is in the right frame of mind. And at the backend you can capture the analytics which will throw up all the viewing and listening habits which you can then use it to further make your targeting sharp.
How can it benefit your organisation?
It can help organisations in many ways. You can send interesting information to your employees both on a mass level as well as personalised. Your employees can view this on the go anytime, anywhere in the world.
Knowledge & training:
- One can educate your employees on the value and the culture the organisation follows. Especially when new employees join you can effectively give them orientation and familiarise them with organisation’s values, mission and vision.
- Can be used as an excellent tool to train them on various training modules the organisation has, to come to speed with the organisation. Once the training is over you can keep refreshing them on the learnings.
- Conduct quizzes to motivate and energise the employees.
Major news announcements:
- Talk about new polices and collaboration with overseas partners. Milestones achieved and launch of any new products can be shared.
- The CEO can connect with divisional heads and talk to them on the company progress and get feedback and new ideas for the organisation to surge ahead.
- A special notice board can be created for news that comes from across all offices.
- Greet your employees during various festivals
- Send personalised birthday greetings.
- Even you can share interesting puzzles for employee’s kids.
- You can also partner with some e-commerce company to give special offers and discount and first preview of new products to the employees. The timings here have to be fixed by the employer.
- Even HR team can capture the personalised information of each employee which will include leave records, personal data etc which the employee can access it with ease.
Employee survey on the go:
- You can get results on the go to help you narrow on your decisions.
- All your immediate concerns can be addressed if it is of a minor issue.
- If the employees are stressed on their current projects that can be addressed immediately through a quick survey.
- A grievance cell can be created for quick and speedy action.
- It is believed that HR information via mobile is more engaging than via PC’s & laptops. While there are no statistics to validate this but the mobile has an edge over PC’s and laptops.
Time is of importance in any organisation. While there are intranet and newsletters which keep some kind of engagement with the employees but with the speed at which news travels today employees need to be connected on the go. While mobility is a well-developed and interesting technology it will appreciated by the employees only if the employee see value in the content. Therefore, like any other channel the CONTENT IS THE KING. The team at the employee’s end has to create a good team to push in meaningful and relevant content which will engage the employees. Employee engagement must be viewed from a long-term point of view. The employee satisfaction score must be measured every six months to get the right picture and do the course correction on time. This will help in retaining the employees and will also send a strong word of mouth publicity to the outside world for prospects to look at the organisation.