As we welcome 2017 both in India and internationally these are the 17 people, places and events that we will make the news:
- US President – There will be a change of guard in the United States of America with Barack Obama handing over power to Donald Trump.
- State Polls – Seven states will witness Assembly elections in India – most significant being Uttar Pradesh. Other states include Manipur, Punjab, Goa and Uttarakhand.
- Term Completion – India will get a new President and Vice President in the middle of 2017. The shortlist certainly has interesting names
- Canada 150 – The celebration of 150 years as a nation in 2017 are bound to be grand and this country will certainly make news during the year.
- Madame Tussaud’s Museum in New Delhi – This will be the first wax museum in South Asia from the world-famous group.
- Iran and France will elect new Presidents – Leadership in these two countries are crucial for global polity to thrive. All eyes will be on who will succeed Hollande.
- Raees – This is Shah Rukh Khan’s release for the year 2017. His fans will eagerly await for the film to hit the big screen this month.
- Article 50 – U.K. Prime Minister Theresa May said she would file Article 50 no later than the end of March 2017. The negotiations needed for Britain to leave the EU can only begin with the formal filing.
- Introduction of GST – The Constitution (One Hundred and First Amendment) Act, 2016, introduced a national Goods and Services Tax in India from 1 April 2017. We will have to wait and watch.
- Expo 2017 – This is the International Exposition scheduled to take place between June 10 and September 10, 2017 in Astana, Kazakhstan. The expo’s theme is “Future Energy”.
And then there are seven of our own platforms to look forward to:
- Reputation Today Super Night – This completes the event series and will be the grand finale to the year gone by with senior communicators getting together for an evening of cocktails and conversations.
- Reputation Today Conclave Mumbai – This is the half-day platform in Mumbai on April 6th where corporate leaders share their perspectives of reputation with communications leaders.
- Reputation Today Conclave Bangalore – This is the half-day platform in Bangalore on April 20th where corporate leaders share their perspectives of reputation with communications leaders.
- PRAXIS 2017 – The sixth edition of the annual conference will take place on September 15th and 16th. The likely venue is Jaipur.
- Knowledge Factory – This is an event created to stimulate a thinking generation with ideas and thought provoking conversations on March 10th and 11th.
- Manifest – The second edition of the Founders’ summit is planned for July 28th and 29th in Mumbai. If you are a new age founder then do not miss these two days.
- Idealogue – The aim is to pilot this ideas weekend aimed at marketers in end November as a coming together of people who immerse themselves in all things brand.