Coronavirus has been declared as pandemic and more than 2.5 lakh patients have been infected by the virus globally. India has reported approximately 415 positive cases and 7 deaths till date. While the virus originated from China, but Italy has been hit hard and recorded the highest number of deaths worldwide.
Currently, there is no vaccine for Coronavirus. Finding a vaccine and taking it from expectation to reality, tests and solutions will take at least a year. For now, precautions can be taken at a personal level to avoid by the following ways:
- Consume properly cooked meat
- Avoid consuming poultry and wild animals
- Avoid contact with infected people
- Avoid touching mouth and face with unwashed hands
- Wash hands thoroughly with soap
- Throw used tissues into bins immediately
- See a doctor if you are unwell
- Call the helpline numbers, 011 – 23978046 in case of any emergency
- Avoid participating in public gatherings
- You can also give your samples in private hospitals
The above information has been shared by Dr Manoj K Goel, Director & Head, Pulmonology, Critical Care & Sleep Medicine, Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurugram.