Driven by my fascination with successful creators and their ability to construct thriving business models, I delved into the captivating story of Sharan Hegde, the renowned figure behind “Follow my Man” in the finance realm. His innovative approach to content creation has disrupted the industry, making him a household name.
“Zero to Viral” is a comprehensive book that caters to both professionals and individuals alike. It showcases Sharan’s exceptional talent for crafting compelling and entertaining content while imparting valuable knowledge. This unique combination has resonated particularly well with his predominantly youthful audience.
What does the book cover?
Through my exploration of Sharan’s journey, I have gained insights into the power of authenticity, engagement, and effective storytelling. His ability to captivate and educate simultaneously has not only solidified his position as a content creator but has also paved the way for a sustainable business model. “Zero to Viral” is a testament to Sharan Hegde’s remarkable success and serves as an invaluable resource for anyone seeking inspiration in the realm of content creation and entrepreneurship.
Sharan’s use of QR codes in his stories and examples adds an enticing element, allowing you to scan and explore them firsthand, facilitating an interactive and immersive learning experience.
The final three chapters of the book share valuable insights derived from renowned content creators in various genres. These chapters feature learnings from Komal Pandey, an expert in fashion; Rachana Ranade, specialising in finance; and Ankur Warikoo, known for his motivational content. Their expertise across different fields adds depth and diversity to the book’s content.
Interesting insight from the book
The STEPPS framework in the book outlines the key elements that can contribute to the virality of content. Here’s a breakdown of each element:
- Social Currency: This refers to how we appear or look in front of others. There are three components to social currency: a. Inner Remarkability: The content needs to be remarkable or unique in some way, making people feel special for sharing it. b. Game Mechanics: Incorporating game-like elements such as challenges, competitions, or rewards can motivate people to engage and share the content. c. Making them feel like insiders: Providing exclusive or insider information that makes people feel privileged can encourage them to share it with others.
- Triggers: Triggers are cues or prompts that remind people of the content and encourage sharing. There are three ways to create triggers: a. Following a trend: Aligning the content with current trends or popular topics increases the likelihood of it being shared. b. Associating with frequent events: Linking the content to recurring events or occasions can make it more shareable. c. Associating with aspirational thoughts: Connecting the content to aspirations or goals can motivate people to share it, as it resonates with their desires.
- Emotions: Creating a strong emotional response is crucial for virality. The content should evoke awe, excitement, anticipation, or nostalgia, making people feel compelled to share their emotional experiences with others.
- Practical Value: Providing practical value means offering content that improves people’s lives in some way. This can include offering life-changing advice, practical tips, or useful guidance. When people find content valuable, they are more likely to share it to benefit others.
- Public: Collaborating with reputable creators, brands, or celebrities can enhance the virality of the content. Associating with well-known and respected individuals or entities can amplify its reach and credibility.
- Stories: Humans naturally enjoy stories as they are relatable and engaging. Content creators often use storytelling techniques to effectively convey their message and connect with their followers. Stories can help create a sense of connection and shared experiences, increasing the chances of the content being shared.
By incorporating these elements into content creation, it becomes more likely to gain traction and virality, as it appeals to people’s social needs, emotions, practical interests, and desire for connection. Sharan also emphasises the importance of diversifying content across multiple platforms rather than relying solely on one. This approach helps to mitigate the risk of a platform becoming obsolete or losing popularity. By creating content that is platform agnostic, you can tailor it to suit the specific needs and preferences of each platform’s audience. By adapting your content to different platforms, you can maximise your reach and engagement with diverse audiences. Additionally, it helps to future-proof your content strategy, as you’re not solely dependent on a single platform’s success or longevity. Keep an eye on emerging platforms and trends, and be ready to adapt your content strategy accordingly.
What’s in it for me?
Sharan Hegde’s impeccable sense of humour and strategic application of analytics are spot-on (Though his language could have been a bit subdued). He offers valuable insights not only from his own content creation experience but also from renowned creators. The chapters captures the essence of virality and effective content creation. It’s hard to believe that an introvert could produce such entertaining and captivating content.
Once again, creative storytelling’ has won; that’s what consumers want, and Sharan has presented it well and in the right dose. For a comprehensive understanding of personal finance, explore his YouTube channel or Instagram page. If your aim is to master the art of creating captivating content, delve into this book.
The views and opinions published here belong to the author and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of the publisher.