As I started my professional journey as a Trainee Account Executive way back in 2007, on 7th September to be precise, this is what the Managing Director of the firm told me. He asked me to be fearless, inquisitive – ask a lot of relevant questions, keep learning and march forward. Today, as we embark on the Silver Jubilee of Adfactors PR, I am extremely proud and humbled at the same time to be an integral part of this intensive growth journey.
Some of the characteristics that truly differentiate our organisation in my opinion is listed below –
- Culture, Culture and Culture: It is interesting to note that most of the senior leadership in Adfactors PR has been there for more than a decade. As a firm, culture is our biggest strength and it is built on simple values such as Integrity, Transparency, Fairness, Humility and Simplicity. Even with more than 18 business verticals within the consultancy, all leaders have integrated these values and ensure that we practice what we preach.
- Incremental Innovation: Using the metaphor and anecdote of driving a car and never looking back into the rear-view mirror when driving, our founders are always inspiring us to look for incremental innovations that can create value and help in building our clients reputation quotient. In the PR parlance specifically, when a client shares a brief about any new product launch, we don’t just share a templatised approach; we think beyond simple or plain vanilla press releases; what can be done in the digital sphere, how can we involve key opinion leaders, is there anything different that can be done from a hyperlocal/regional perspective to reach out to the right target audience.
- Futuristic Thinking and Planning: It becomes imperative for India’s leading PR firm to be future-ready and anticipate the native and evolving needs of our clients. To elucidate this further, right in 2019, the firm took up this transformational initiative to build a 360-degree digital ecosystem. The firm tied-up with UpGrad to train over 600 professionals in Digital Marketing and Communications. This course provided each one of us with a deep understanding of social media, online reputation management, multimedia content capabilities, content marketing, digital analytics, campaign planning, and digital crisis management skills.
- Relearn to Reinvent: Adfactors PR has an intense learning and development culture, and this has been instilled across all employees to develop a ‘growth mindset’. There is a well-planned L & D calendar across all levels and is mapped keeping in mind the specific needs of teams and team members. We have some unique programs such as ‘Monthly Decathlon’ – arguably the PR world’s only initiative that helps teams to think creatively, come up with innovative initiatives, engage with clients as well as the team members, keep a track of all the processes and at the same time grow the business.
- Gratitude Always: Our firm practices gratitude every single day. We employees are incentivised for our service excellence and high performance through various reward and recognition programmes. We also practice gratitude by enhancing our relationship with clients and media fraternity by extending support beyond the day-to-day work and being humane at all times.
I am really looking forward to the Golden Jubilee where I can see Adfactors PR right up on the Indian bourse. Godspeed to many more such milestones.
The views and opinions published here belong to the author and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of the publisher. This article is part of a SILVER JUBILEE series by Adfactors PR commemorating their 25th year in the business of Public Relations.